Get The Right Tools For Moving Home
Posted on 2013-11-05
If you want to do a good job, you will need to bring the right tools, and moving home is no exception. Moving companies will bring a supply of things for moving your possessions into their truck, and protecting them during transit. But that doesn't mean you can't move home yourself and do a great job. Here's a list of some indispensable tools for moving home, thanks to About.com:
- A good dolly is worth its weight in gold for moving your possessions around, and saving you a lot of effort in the process. There are two kinds of dollies: a flatbed dolly for moving heavy furniture, and a utility dolly for moving stacks of smaller objects.
- Softeners, like pads and moving blankets, will protect your precious items from getting damaged while you move them.
- Straps and ropes will secure your possessions, keeping them in place during transit. The more stable and secure your possessions, the less damage will occur.
- Packing tape is vital for closing cardboard boxes, as well as scissors.
- A stair roller might seem like a bit too much, but if you need to carry items down stairs, this will work wonders for you.