How To Know When You Should Move House
Posted on 2013-11-21
No matter how many times you do it, moving house will always be a big decision to make, and a big task to perform. But it will slowly become easier with time, and with plenty of organisation, you can focus less on the stress and more on the excitement of living somewhere new. Here are some hints and tips from About.com to help get the ball rolling on your big move.
- Tell your family about the move as soon as possible, because you will need them to help out.
- Decide where and how you will move, and what sort of property you will move into based on your reasons for moving.
- Sit down with a pen and paper to figure out your budget for the move beforehand.
- If you're only moving a short distance away, it might be more affordable to move yourself with a rented truck, but for longer distances, it's best to use a moving company.
- Shop around for a moving company, pick five potential organisations, and interview representatives from each one to see who's going to offer the best price and who you can afford.
- Leave yourself four weeks to pack, and generate a timeline for what needs doing before moving day, like disconnecting your utilities and booking a babysitter.