What Should You Pack In A Box When You Move?
Posted on 2013-09-27
You may be surprised to learn just what should be packed in boxes and just what movers may insist is packed in boxes when you're moving house.
- Clothes: rather than putting them in garbage bags which can easily tear, moving companies prefer you to pack clothes in boxes.
- Pillows, linen and quilts: rather than using them as padding, packing them in boxes will ensure they stay clean and accounted for.
- Rugs and mats: yes, even these. If they're small to medium sized, pack them in a box.
- Drapes and blinds: you got it - in a box.
- Electronic equipment: this should ideally be packed in its original boxes, but if you no longer have them, make sure it is well packed and marked fragile.
- Kitchen gear: appliances, pots and pans, utensils and glassware all need to be packed in boxes with suitable padding.
- Pictures and frames: these should be packed in special boxes, which your mover may be able to provide.