Things People Forget When Moving Home
Posted on 2013-11-03
A home is where the heart is, but it's also where you keep your stuff. Moving to a new home means taking important stuff with you, getting rid of the useless junk, and hopefully not getting those two categories muddled. Here's a list of some items that are often forgotten during a move, thanks to About.com.
- Items left with repairers. Whether it's a pair of shoes left with a cobbler, or a pair of slacks with the tailor, you've already paid for the repair. Make sure you pick it up before moving.
- Don't leave personal records behind, as you wil?ll need them where you a're going.
- Bring your list of phone numbers, addresses and personal correspondence, because that's irreplaceable.
- Write down your new mailing address and contact information. Keep this information with you until you can remember it off by heart.
- Pick up any spare keys you ha've left out the front of your old home.
- Register your change of address with the post office so that your bills and subscriptions get through to you.
- If you had a garage door opener, leave it for the new tenants.
- Take care to cancel any gym subscriptions, club memberships, or library cards if you're moving far away.
- Speak with your bank about the move. You may have to switch banks.
- Clean up your old home after you've removed all your stuff, and dispose of anything you've left behind.